Friday, November 6, 2009

Delicious/LibraryThing – Methods 7

Social bookmarking is a great tool that should be incorporated by more libraries. The ability to mark what is liked or not liked by an individual and then share it (if preferred) with others is neat thing. The use of these sites would help to inform the public of what the library contains inside its walls and the many and varied services it provides. I would like to have a partnership between public libraries and the schools. This would help with various required reading lists, information sources, reading contests, etc. Seeing what others have read, written about, or like to read could help students in finding books they might be interested in reading. To combine books with socializing would be great for the kids and help promote reading.
Personally, I like the thought of having a place (like Delicious) to save my bookmarks where I can access them if I am at work, home, or just out bee-bopping around. LibrayThing will be great for cataloging my personal book library, wonder if it works with music?

No comments:

Post a Comment