Thursday, November 12, 2009

FaceBook/MySpace - Method 8

I really enjoyed reading the articles and viewing the various web pages, they were very informative. The articles helped clear up some worries (and confirm others) about Social Networking. Hopefully our library will use some of this modern tech to reach our patrons. I believe it would really help bring in some of the younger people who think that the library is just a place were older people go because they have nothing better to do.
I did create a personal FaceBook account, mainly to view the pictures of my son’s wedding, and found it surprising at the number of people I know with an account. FB has been a good experience so far and is a cheep and economical (no stamps, paper trash, phone bills, matching up free time, etc.) way to keep in touch with family and friends, although I wish there was a lot more ability to personalize your page like you can with MySpace. I’ll probably keep up with my page until I get bored with it, which will probably be only a month or two from now. Until then, I might as well have some fun while keeping the important information to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment